NetFlow passively collects metadata across distributed physical and virtual networks from routers, switches, firewalls, taps and virtual machines. This information is a critical resource to ensuring top network performance and in detecting security issues.
Many Netflow tools due to their inability to scale cannot be used for security or forensics and even struggle over time for performance analytics.
This ebook covers eight ways companies can leverage the power of NetFlow to achieve top-priority objectives, including:
- 1. Traffic Accounting
- 2. Performance Monitoring
- 3. Security Forensics
- 4. Data Retention Compliance
- 5. Anomaly Detection
- 6. End-Point Threat Detection
- 7. BYOD, Insider Threats, SCADA and the Internet of Things
- 8. Usage-Based Billing and Peering Analysis